Kashima Chemical Co., Ltd. (hereinafter the "Company"), based on its Personal Information Protection Policy, pledges to comply with laws and regulations related to the protection of the information of individuals, and concurrently takes the utmost care when handling such information, to maintain trust in the Company and meet expectations of society.
- I. Personal Information Protection Policy of the Company
- The Company recognizes the essential importance of the proper and adequate protection of information of individuals, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers etc., which may be available to distinguish the identities of our customers, business partners, and all other parties concerned with our business operations (hereinafter "Personal Information").
Recognizing its responsibility to society, the Company hereby establishes the following basic policies (hereinafter "Policy") to protect privacy of individuals and comply with laws and regulations enacted to protect Personal Information while conducting its business activities:
- At the time of collecting any Personal Information, the Company will specify to the extent possible the purpose and scope of its use, and will collect the information through the fair and legal means.
- The Company will use such collected Personal Information strictly within its originally intended scope of use and limited usage as necessary for business operations. In case of necessity in which said Personal Information must be used beyond the above-mentioned scope, the Company shall obtain an authorization from the individual to whom such Personal Information relates (hereinafter "Owner") with regard to the planned use, except as allowed by relevant laws and regulations.
- When handling such Personal Information, the Company will appoint an appropriate person who is responsible for the protection of Personal Information within the Company, and shall strive to strictly manage the Personal Information to prevent its illegal access, loss, falsification or leakage.
- Unless otherwise authorized by the Owner or allowed by relevant laws and regulations, the Company will not provide Personal Information to any third party.
In addition, when providing such Personal Information to any third party as authorized or allowed above, the Company will conclude a contract with the third party or take any other measures that obligates the third party to be responsible for the management of the Personal Information to be provided, thereby preventing its leakage to any other party or other misuse.
- The Company will promptly respond to requests from the Owner to disclose, correct, add and/or delete his or her Personal Information, to the commercially reasonable extent.
- The Company will comply with relevant laws and regulations with regard to the protection of Personal Information, and also constantly review its implementation of the Policy, and strive to make further improvements.
- The Company will completely inform of this Policy to all of its directors, offices and employees (including commissioned and dispatched personnel) as well as other concerned parties, to ensure that each of them understands the importance of the Policy and conduct him or herself in an appropriate manner to follow the Policy.
- II. Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
- Any Personal Information to be provided shall in principle be usable only for the purposes of providing or improving the products, services and relevant information of the Company and/or its affiliated companies (hereinafter "Group"), and to respond to inquiries made by the Owner of the Personal Information.
(If the intended use of collected Personal Information is designated separately by each service category, the Company will ensure that such Personal Information is used in accordance with the designated purpose.)
If the intended use of the Personal Information is for any other purpose than those defined above, the Company shall disclose the intended use when collecting such Personal Information.
- III. Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, Correction, and/or Deletion of Personal Information
- An abstract of various request procedures on Personal Information provided is shown below. With regard to the specific procedures, please contact the division of our In-house company or business unit to which you have provided the Personal Information.
- (1) Submitting requests
- If you wish to request the disclosure, correction and/or deletion of your Personal Information, please contact the division of our In-house company or business unit to which you have provided the Personal Information.
(If you have provided the Information through the website, please contact the division running such website.) Then, the Company will send you the request form.
Please fill in the form and return it to us by postal mail.
In order to prevent potential leakage of the Personal Information, only requests made by the Owner him or herself of Personal Information will be accepted, except in case of the request being made by his or her legal representative.
- (2) Documents to be included when submitting a request
- In order to confirm that the individual submitting the request is in fact the Owner of the Personal Information, please submit to us a copy of your driver's license, passport or official residence certificate, along with the request form.
- (3) Company procedure for answering your request
- After receiving your request, the Company will confirm the content of the request, and thereafter will send a response to it directly to you, the Owner, by postal mail. Please understand that in case the Company is unable to confirm the identity of the individual submitting the request, it may decline the request.
In addition, we ask for your understanding that while the Company will make efforts to respond to requests promptly, it is however possible that such response may take some time to ensure its accuracy.
- IV. To Make Inquiries about Your Personal Information
- For other inquiries regarding your Personal Information, please contact the division of our In-house company or business unit to which you have provided your Personal Information.
- V. Access Logs
- On the website, the Company records, in the form of an Access Log, basic information on computers that access the website.
The information recorded in the Access Log contains the IP address, web browser, type of operating system, date and time of access, etc.
However, this is not used in connection with Personal Information in any way.
You can rest assured that there is no way for the Access Log to be linked to any of your Personal Information.
- VI. Protection of Personal Information on Websites Linked to the Company's Website
- In some cases, the Company's website may include links to websites other than that of the Company. The Company takes no responsibility with regard to the protection of Personal Information or the contents on any website linked to the Company's website other than its own website.